Wednesday 26 February 2014

Locations, Props and Costumes

Locations
Centenary Park - Centenary park is located in the North West London borough of Harrow. This is a convenient place to shoot as not only does it meet all of my requirements for filming and scenery, but its is just 0.3 miles from my house. This makes it the perfect choice for my thriller opening.

Inside of a Car - I have no preferences as to what type of car the opening is filmed in as it is rather irrelevant. Thankfully I know a relative willing to let me use their car for filming. This is to film the kidnapper whilst driving toward the park and throwing the kidnapped boy in the car boot.

Lakeside - The location of a lakeside is yet to be found, as it seems I may have to go out of my way in order to film the particular scene. As there is no real options within a reasonable radius, I will have to look further afield.

Props
Bike - The bicycle is one of the main focal points of the opening. The boy will be riding this around his local park before being kidnapped by the mysterious man. I will attach the camera onto the bike for many different angles of the boys journey, and could even use the bike for tracking shots, as it will provide a smoother movement of the camera.

Car - The kidnapper will be driving the car to and from the park in his car. I have already found someone willing to let us film in their car. The car also plays a big part in the opening scene and again I will mount my camera in various places to achieve my desired effect.

Costumes
Black suit and tie - The kidnapper will be wearing a black suit and tie to give him the professional hit man look that I am after. I believe that it is essential that he wears this costume as it adds to his mysterious image.

Casual teenage clothing - I would like the boy riding the bike to come across as your everyday teenager. Despite the kidnapping he gets caught up in, its important to emphasise he leads are regular and ordinary teenage life. This will emphasise the enigma. To achieve this, I would like the boy to wear ordinary clothing to show the viewers that he is no different to them, just normal people.

No comments:

Post a Comment